Monday, January 19, 2009

Different levels of exposure/knowledge in the age of blogs

I think I am sort of the combination of "I READ ABOUT THAT" and "I KNOW ABOUT THAT"

I READ THAT : I actually read that.
I READ ABOUT THAT : I read a blog synopsis, article about a subject, or article about an article.
I KNOW ABOUT THAT : I have read several different opinions/reviews/synopsis to the point where I not only know the basic content of the original article but also the cultural impact it has made, yet I have not read the original piece.
I HEARD ABOUT THAT : I saw a bunch of headlines about that thing, leading me to believe it was important, but read nothing in depth.
I’VE BEEN REALLY INTO THAT : I read the original, and then have followed up on various other people’s opinions and reviews and synopsis
I’VE BEEN DISCUSSING THAT : I read about it, then posted something and am now commenting, discussing, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home